Mission Statement/basic platform
Drafted in February-March 2011, the Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective are proud to present our Mission Statement/basic platform:
The Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective is an independent, grassroots formation organizing for the self-defense and empowerment of our community as a response towards the escalation of repressive measures aimed at migrantes, families and workers.
The Department of Homeland Security-Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS-ICE) are actively recruiting local police and politicians to act as their enforcers on the ground level through programs such as 287(g) and “Secure Communities”(S-COMM); additionally, the militarization of the border is leading to countless deaths. In short, our community is now faced with increased economic pressure and a denial of basic rights and protections.
The Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective calls for an immediate end to ICE raids, deportations, police/migra collaboration, the theft of our cars at sobriety/driver’s license checkpoints and other tactics that threaten the livelihood and security of our families, neighbors, co-workers, and communities.
- Documents and permanent residency rights for all: the right to work, higher education, drivers’ licenses and public benefits.
- An immediate end to raids and deportations.
- No to new “Bracero”/Guest Worker programs (modern indentured servitude).
- Workers must have the unconditional legal right to organize.
- No to the militarization of the border and our communities.
A goal which we will consistently work towards is the general participation of our communities in the broad undertaking of common defense, preparation, and mutual aid. As such, our goal is the development of organized, independently-led networks and “Barrio Defense Committees” which are capable of looking out for one another on a neighborhood level.
- Monitor trends in policy, enforcement, and resistance on the global and local levels – a key to overcoming the limitations and challenges of local organizing.
- Further build and develop a culture of resistance by promoting the imagination of the community through music, art, theater, etc.
- Develop media tools (audio, video, and print).
- Distribute community educational materials.
- Build awareness by organizing training exercises, educational forums, and basic “Know Your Rights” workshops.
- Maintain a rapid-response and alert system in case of checkpoints and raids.
- Document and expose violations of people’s rights by police/migra.
The Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective is a democratic and inclusive space devoted to working class, undocumented, and oppressed communities. Realizing the common source of the various forms of oppression on the basis of social class, ethnicity, color, nationality, gender, and sexuality, we invite all honest forces to actively participate in this resistance campaign for community power.