8/19/2011 Action vs. the Checkpoint on Oxnard blvd. & 8th St.
In line with all the actions taking place against "Secure Communities" and other Poli-Migra mass deportation programs, Todo Poder Al Pueblo mobilized against police checkpoint abuse in Chiques on the night of August 19th.Here are some of the images captured during the action on Oxnard Blvd. followed by a great video by Javier Ordonez.
End the militarization of our communities!
|Compa holding it down just a few blocks before the checkpoint.|
|Always ready to fight with the community against police checkpoint abuse!|
|Sgt. Randy Latimer vs. our compañeros, down the street from the checkpoint.|
|Thanks compas from the Southern CA Immigration Coalition for coming up from LA and the Valley and PROVING your solidarity with our efforts here in Chiques!|
Oxnard Blvd. and 8th was only ONE of THREE simultaneous checkpoints in Chiques! We need more people to volunteer to resist these checkpoints -- contact us to get involved.
Don't complain, ORGANIZE!
The Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective is an independent, grassroots formation organizing for the self-defense and empowerment of our community as a response towards the escalation of repressive measures aimed at migrantes, families and workers.
El Colectivo Todo Poder al Pueblo es una formación independiente de base organizando por la auto-defensa y la capacitación de nuestra comunidad en respuesta al escalamiento de medidas represivas dirigidas a los migrantes, familias y obreros.
- Obama’s Heckler Got It Right: Obama Can Stop the Deportations!
- DROP THE CHARGES AGAINST FRANCISCO “CHAVO” ROMERO: Our Community Has a Right to Resist and Organize!
- Save the Date: Dec. 7, 2013: United Front for Justice and Dignity Conference: End the deportations! Deferred Action for All!
- From the People’s Archives – 11/28/97: The Tragic Case of Oliverio Martinez, Oxnard Fieldworker who was Blinded, Paralyzed, and Interrogated by Oxnard Police
- NBCLA 4 – Oxnard Police Under Fire After Caught on Camera Confrontation
- Photography is Not a Crime: Oxnard Officer Needs To Be Identified
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR – Letter to the Editor: Broken Trust
- Response to Chief Williams: “Public Safety” the goal of Oxnard protests vs. police brutality & abuse
- Oxnard Police Chief Attempts to Intimidate Marchers in Ventura County Star column
- PERIODICO VIDA – Piden alto a la violencia policiaca
- TODOS SOMOS REYNEL RIOS
- EYE SPY: Ventura’s domestic surveillance programs grow as the NSA comes under scrutiny
- The Past as Present: Community Protest and the Police
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR – Marchers rally in Oxnard to mark year since fatal police-involved shooting
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR – One year later, Oxnard police shooting of innocent man remains cloaked in secrecy
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR – Investigations continue in fatal incidents involving Oxnard Police
- 10/8/13 Oxnard City Council comments by Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective
- MARCH FOR JUSTICE! NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE! 1 Year Anniversary – Alfonso Limón, Jr. – Present!
- MARCHA POR LA JUSTICIA! SIN JUSTICIA NO HAY PAZ! Primer Aniversario – Alfonso Limón, Jr. – Presente!
- Declaración del Frente Unido para la Justicia y la Dignidad, 5 de Octubre de 2013 Obama • ¡Alto A Las Deportaciones! Acción Diferida Para Todas/os!
- Statement from the United Front for Justice and Dignity, October 5 2013: Obama • Stop The Deportations! Deferred Action For All!
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR – “State gives driver’s licenses to immigrants who are in country illegally”
- The 2013 National Convention of the AFL-CIO And the Fight for Immigrant Rights
- SATURDAY/SABADO 9/14/13: ALERTA: CONFIRMED CHECKPOINT/RETEN
- Lies vs. Truth: 8/27/13 CA Latino Legislative Caucus Debate on “Comprehensive Immigration Reform”
- Ventura County Checkpoints and Saturation Patrols, 8/16 – 9/2
- Los Angeles, Sept. 7: United for Justice & Dignity: National Migrant Labor Convention/Unidos Por La Justicia Y Dignidad: Convención Nacional Labor Migrante
- (UPDATED) The OPD Murderers of Robert Ramirez (Photos)// Los asesinos del OPD de Robert Ramirez (Fotos)
- VIDEO: Oct. 13, 2012: Alfonso Limon, Jr. shot to death by the Oxnard Police
- Oxnard Police Officers Involved in the October 13, 2012 Slaying of Alfonso Limon, Jr. (with video)
- 7/23/13: Colectivo Todo Poder al Pueblo comments to Oxnard City Council, Police Chief
- 7/21/13: Anaheim Police Brutality March
- PLATFORM: UNITED FRONT FOR JUSTICE AND DIGNITY
- PROGRAMA: FRENTE UNIDO PARA LA JUSTICIA Y LA DIGNIDAD
- Oxnard’s finest…
- El Sueño Americano/The American Dream – Reforma Migratoria 2013 himno (no-oficial), CIR Anthem
- Guerrilleros/as de la Pluma: Spring/Summer 2013
- An Anti-Immigrant Bill Masked as Reform
- Statewide Conference in Oxnard Marks a New Chapter in the People’s Movement Against Police Brutality
- THE FINAL CALL – California police brutality focus of statewide gathering for justice
- Obama's Heckler Got It Right: Obama Can Stop the Deportations! wp.me/p1QT77-oW 4 hours ago
- Save the Date: Dec. 7, 2013: United Front for Justice and Dignity Conference: End the deportations! Deferred Action… wp.me/p1QT77-oR 1 week ago
- DROP THE CHARGES AGAINST FRANCISCO "CHAVO" ROMERO: Our Community Has a Right to Resist and Organize! wp.me/p1QT77-oK 1 week ago
- From the people’s archives: at top, left to right: Senior Officer Maria Peña, Commander… wp.me/s1QT77-1529 2 weeks ago
- NBCLA 4 - Oxnard Police Under Fire After Caught on Camera Confrontation wp.me/p1QT77-oC 2 weeks ago
- Photography is Not a Crime: Oxnard Officer Needs To Be Identified wp.me/p1QT77-oy 3 weeks ago
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR - Letter to the Editor: Broken Trust wp.me/p1QT77-ov 4 weeks ago
- Response to Chief Williams: "Public Safety" the goal of Oxnard protests vs. police brutality & abuse wp.me/p1QT77-or 1 month ago
- Oxnard Police Chief Attempts to Intimidate Marchers in Ventura County Star column wp.me/p1QT77-oi 1 month ago
- Oxnard Police Chief Attempts to Intimidate Marchers in Ventura County Star column wp.me/p1QT77-oc 1 month ago
- VCReporter - Jumping the Gun wp.me/p1QT77-aZ 1 month ago
- PERIODICO VIDA - Piden alto a la violencia policiaca wp.me/p1QT77-n2 1 month ago
- TODOS SOMOS REYNEL RIOS wp.me/p1QT77-mX 1 month ago
- EYE SPY: Ventura’s domestic surveillance programs grow as the NSA comes under scrutiny wp.me/p1QT77-mO 1 month ago
- The Past as Present: Community Protest and the Police wp.me/p1QT77-mG 1 month ago
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR - Marchers rally in Oxnard to mark year since fatal police-involved shooting wp.me/p1QT77-lf 1 month ago
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR - One year later, Oxnard police shooting of innocent man remains cloaked in secrecy wp.me/p1QT77-kZ 2 months ago
- VENTURA COUNTY STAR - Investigations continue in fatal incidents involving Oxnard Police Read more:… wp.me/p1QT77-l0 2 months ago
- 10/8/13 Oxnard City Council comments by Todo Poder al Pueblo Collective wp.me/p1QT77-kW 2 months ago
- MARCH FOR JUSTICE! NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE! 1 Year Anniversary - Alfonso Limón, Jr. - Present! wp.me/p1QT77-kR 2 months ago