“Only in America can a dead black boy go on trial for his own murder.” – Syreeta McFadden
In response to the clear injustice surrounding the murder of young Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO, people all over the country are taking to the streets in solidarity. The clear failure to indict Brown’s murderer, Darren Wilson, sends chilling echoes through the streets of Oxnard where Ventura County District Attorney Greg Totten also failed to find any of the killers involved in the 2012 slaying of Robert Ramirez or Alfonso Limon, Jr. guilty. These events in Ferguson, Oxnard, across the country and even in Ayotzinapa underline these clear truths:
1) We live in a system of institutionalized white supremacy, where the “crime” of having dark skin is punishable by death, with no repercussions for the murderer.
2) Your struggle is our struggle: for the historically colonized victims of racist oppression & exploitation, unity is now more important than ever; we need to fight to destroy the barriers and anti-black sentiments expressed in our own community through working class black-brown unity.
3) Ferguson is Oxnard is Ayotzinapa is Palestine – our fight is global and the main enemy is at home: while President Barack Obama condemns “violence” by protestors in Ferguson, police in the U.S. continue to be militarized while killing us freely without consequences, the drug war and state violence against the people in Mexico continues to be funded by the U.S., and new imperialist wars are being planned.
4) It is the right and duty of our community to organize to fight back, bring local institutions under community control, and gain true peace and security for our friends, families, and neighbors through strategic organizing and consistent struggle.
5) There can be NO JUSTICE from the capitalist courts of the United States. No matter what the courts, corrupt politicians, and pigs decide, the ENTIRE SYSTEM is GUILTY of systemic oppression, murder, and brutalization of working people and people of color.
FROM OXNARD TO FERGUSON TO AYOTZINAPA. PALESTINE AND BEYOND – ONLY THE PEOPLE CAN SAVE THE PEOPLE – NO JUSTICE NO PEACE – THE MARTYRED VICTIMS OF STATE TERROR LIVE ON: ROBERT RAMIREZ, MICHAEL MAHONEY, ALFONSO LIMON, MICHAEL BROWN, EZELL FORD, TAMIR RICE PRESENTE
“The struggle is like a circle; you can start at any point, but it never ends.”